Forum

Have you ever tried...

Have you ever tried to quit social media?  

RSS

HerLifeCoach
(@herlifecoach)
Member Admin
18/01/2018 2:48 pm  

Social media keeps us connected to friends, family and world events.  But it's also a great way to procrastinate! 

I find myself reaching for my phone several times an hour even when I'm at work.  Unless I leave it in another room, the urge to reach for the phone is almost unavoidable.  Like a reflex.

I don't post much.  I'm a quiet and introverted person in real life as well as online.  I don't have much to say, but I do tend to read my Facebook feed several times per day.  I don't know what I'm looking for.  The stories are always the same and I often find myself aggravated by certain types of posts: 

• People showing ER pics of their sick kids.  I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want my worst moment plastered on Facebook.  Respect your child's privacy.
  • Passive aggressive or vague posts.  Putting your dirty laundry out there without actual details opens you up to gossip.  Not to mention looks like you just crave attention.
  • News comments sections.  The hateful comments that plague the internet make me weep for society.  How has the internet brought out the worst in people?

So today I find myself deleting Facebook from my phone in an attempt to give myself a break and force myself to focus on my work instead of allowing myself to be distracted.

I'll be lucky if this break lasts me a day.  Have you ever tried quitting social media?  Even just temporarily?  Share your story!

Share: